Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saw "yes man" today

Saw Yes Man today. It was a pretty enjoyable film, all in all. OK, I give up. It was a movie, not a film.

Anyway, it was a really fun experience. I don't suppose it is any great piece of art, but it was enjoyable and we saw it for $1, which makes it even better.

I thought it had a really powerful message though, one I found pretty inspirational. Because, truth be told, I am Jim Carrey early in the film in some ways. My goals this year are to write and read and watch movies--generally alone.

Of course, the premise is that he hears a motivational speaker who convinces him to say YES to everything. Clearly, this strategy proves as (hilariously) untenable as saying NO to everything when taken in the extreme.

But along the way, his life is a lot richer for having taken a few chances and working outside his comfort zone.

One of my goals is to live an enriching life. I think I have a different perspective on what that could be. Or should be. So, it is time to do some research and find myself something--a group, an activity, a hobby or a challenge that will get me out of the the house and living a little.

And no more settling for what's easy in a relationship...I want to find something that will rock my world.

No comments: